Would you or your children know what to do in the case your home or community is affected by flood, fire, storm or other disaster? Unfortunately, several families do not. Many people also don’t realize that when an emergency occurs, there is a great chance you will not all be together. For this reason alone, making a family plan is very important.
Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan
The staff at Paul Davis wants to help you create your family disaster plan. The Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan is a designed to allow you to enter detailed information about your family’s plan – your designated safe meeting place, each family member’s contact information and what to do in certain situations. Just download the Paul Davis Emergency Family Plan PDF file (link below) and fill out the sections in the document with your family’s information. Save it, print a copy for each member of your family and email a copy to friends and relatives.
Don’t Forget Emergency Supplies
It is important for families to have a supply of food, water and other essentials in case of emergencies. The staff at Paul Davis highly recommends putting together an “Emergency Ready Kit” and storing it in an easily accessible place. We also recommend that your kit, at minimum, contain the list of items below:
- Water – one gallon per person, per day for a minimum of 3 days
- Food – minimum 3-day supply of non-perishable food items
- Clothing – change of clothing and a sleeping bag for each person
- Battery-powered or hand crank radio, a NOAA Weather Radio, extra batteries
- Cell Phone and charger
- Flashlight and extra batteries
- First aid kit – adhesive bandages; antibiotic ointment; pain reliever; emergency Mylar blanket; thermometer; prescription medications and supplies.
- Waterproof, portable containers – for IDs, insurance policies, bank account records, etc. Store a second set of records off-site.
Be sure to know about the disaster plans for your community, employer, school, etc. Be aware of the closest designated emergency shelter is and make sure everyone in your family knows how to get there on their own. Memorize your plan with your family at least two times a year.
Having a plan in place will better prepare you and your family when dealing with the aftermath of a disaster. Here at Paul Davis, we want you to take all the precautions needed to ensure the safety or our friends and neighbors. Please take a moment to download and fill out a copy of the Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan. And, if your home or business is damaged by fire, water, storm, mold or any other disaster, Call Paul!
Click Here to download your Get A Plan Form