Do you and your children know what to do in case your community or home is affected by flood, fire, storm or other disaster? Sadly, many families do not. Many people also do not realize that when an emergency happens, there is a great chance you will not all be in the same place. This is why making an emergency family plan now is extremely important.
Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan
Paul Davis wants to make it easy for you to create a family disaster plan. The Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan is a template that can be easily customized and designed to allow you to enter detailed information about your family’s plan – your designated safe meeting place, each family member’s contact information and what to do in certain situations. The process is simple. Download the PD Emergency Plan PDF file and save to your computer. Complete the blank sections in the document with information pertaining to your family.. Then, just save it, print a copy for each family member and email copies to relatives and friends.
Don’t Forget Emergency Supplies
It is important for families to have a supply of water, food and other necessities in case of emergencies. The staff at Paul Davis highly recommends putting together an “Emergency Ready Kit” and storing it in an accessible place. We also recommend that your kit, at minimum, contain the list of items below:
- Water – 1 gallon per person, per day for a minimum of three days
- Food – minimum three-day supply of non-perishable food items
- Clothing – change of clothing and a sleeping bag for each person
- Battery-powered or hand crank radio, a NOAA Weather Radio, extra batteries
- Cell Phone and charger
- Flashlight and extra batteries
- First aid kit – adhesive bandages; antibiotic ointment; pain reliever; emergency Mylar blanket; thermometer; prescription medications and supplies.
- Waterproof, portable containers – for IDs, insurance policies, bank account records, etc. Store a second set of records off-site.
Be sure to know about the disaster plans for your community, employer, school, etc. Know where your closest designated emergency shelter is and make sure all of your family members know how to get there on their own. Rehearse and review your plan with your family at least twice a year.
It is very important to have a plan in place so your family will be better prepared in dealing with the aftermath of a disaster. The Paul Davis staff want you to take all the precautions needed to ensure the safety or our community. Please download and complete a copy of the Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan. And, if your home or business is damaged by fire, storm, mold, water or other disaster, Call Paul!
Click Here to download your Get A Plan Form